Friday, January 23, 2009

Help Wanted!

I am starting to think about my return to work. Although it is 3 months away (I am lucky to have so much leave time), I need to find appropriate child care for Nora. Before we knew about Nora's problems, we had planned on taking her to a nearby daycare center. Although it is very nice, it just doesn't seem appropriate for Nora just yet - at least until we have a better idea of the extent of extra help she will need. The first year is critical for brain development and we want to do everything we can to help her brain to compensate for her neurological problems, which I think means finding her one-on-one child care. We are interested in hiring a nanny to come to our home. If anyone knows of anyone in Kalamazoo who may be interested in this work (particularly someone with an interest in working with special needs kids), please let me know. I think often the best way to find this type of help is through our network of family and friends. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy and Andy,
    I can put you in touch with Phil's MD partner who recently hired a nanny. She had quite a time finding one, so she might have some tips for interviewing. Call me if you're interested.
    Cute pictures.

    ReplyDelete