Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Andy and I celebrated the New Year with Nora. We had dinner at home, then went to the hospital for her midnight feeding. I cautiously think that Nora has turned the corner and is now really catching on to eating. She has done really well the last two days and is eating 80-90% of her food by mouth. If she continues, we could be home early next week! I don't want to jinx it though, so we will be patient with whatever pace she needs.

2008 was a rough year for us overall, but we made it and I am glad it is over. I hope that 2009 brings a little less stress. Already, 2009 will be better since Nora has arrived. While I am sure that 2009 will still bring loads of uncertainty and worry, we at least have the happy times we are having with Nora to offset the more difficult times.

1 comment:

  1. Happy 2009! I think it's going to be your year. I'm glad to hear that she's eating well and that going home is just around the corner. You'll feel so good to just be able to snuggle up on your own couch with her in your arms.
    Love and hugs,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete