Monday, January 5, 2009

5 lbs 13 oz - Homecoming


This is Day 26 of Nora's hospital stay. (Combine that with the 3 days I was here before she was born and we have been here every day for 29 days straight). That is about 3,000 miles driven between the two of us and about $350 spent in the "Terrace Cafe."



According to the nurse I saw this morning, she is going home today. They downloaded the data from her monitor and it was all normal. That is good, so now she can go home - without a monitor. I will believe it once I am in the car. For now I am just waiting. I am not sure for what, but I guess after 29 days I am have been trained to just sit and wait until someone comes to tell me what is next. (Nora is also waiting patiently, in her car seat.)



The baby next door is screaming his head off. He is a full term baby. There aren't many of them around here, but you can tell the ones that are because they are LOUD. I guess Nora will get like that in a couple weeks. Full term babies don't end up here often. Mostly for meconium ingestion and "cord accidents.". Not sure what the neighbor is here for, but I know he is on antibiotics for 7 days and is leaving tomorrow. His name is Navene. His dad picked it out after the drummer from a "deathcore" band called Animosity. I need to go home...

2 comments:

  1. I have all my fingers crossed that Nora can go home with you today. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to not have your baby at home with you. She seems to be making amazing progress so far. Aren't babies amazing?!?! Wait until you see how much they change and grow in one short year. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amy,

    Glad to hear that things are looking up for getting Nora home. You, Andy, and Nora are all in my prayers. I figure Buster will get along fine without them. Good luck with getting out of the hospital.

    Dave Reynolds

    ReplyDelete